Ironbound BID Honors Community Partners
The Ironbound Business Improvement District (IBID) presented Community Service Awards to individuals who have worked with the organization in recognition of outstanding contributions, commitment and service to the betterment of the City of Newark and the Ironbound community.
In presenting the awards, IBID President Steven T. Yglesias noted the personal ties to Newark and the Ironbound community of each award recipient and the importance of their contributions towards making the district a better place to live, to work and to visit.
The Community Service Award recipients included:
- Members of Councilman Augusto Amador’s staff including Manuela Cardoso, Angelo DiFederico, Claudia Garzesi, Maria Ribeiro, Jorge Roldan and Carla Ruivo
- Fernando Grilo, Union of Portuguese American Clubs of New Jersey
- Francisco Pereira, former IBID Project Manager
- Ronald Snead, City of Newark, Department of Neighborhood Services
- Perris Straughter, Senior Project Manager, Newark Urban Enterprise Zone
“Each of these individuals has contributed to cooperative efforts in support of a shared vision for the city and the Ironbound,” concluded Seth A. Grossman, Ph.D., the IBID’s Executive Director.
For more information about the Ironbound Business Improvement District, call 973.491.9191 or visit GoIronbound.com.