These one-of-a-kind food tours are presented by Edible Jersey in partnership with tour company Have You Met Newark’s Nom Nom Newark Food Tours. You will visit many of the locations written about in the Newark Features in the Summer 2018 issue of Edible Jersey.
May 19th, Edible Newark – Ironbound
Additional tours may be scheduled based on demand.
Cost: $80 per person (plus tax and fee)
These 4-hour walking tours will include stops at food shops, restaurants, historical and cultural locations that define Newark’s culinary energy. Enjoy good food, conversation, sampling, shopping and dining.
Newark’s Ironbound Food Tour – May 19, 2018
Explore the culinary delights of Newark’s captivating Ironbound area on this walking tour of the district. Learn about over 15 Ironbound establishments. Stops will include:
- Wine tasting at Lisbon Wines & Liquors
- Samples of traditional pastries like Pastel de Natas at Teixeira’s Bakery
- Shop for fresh seafood at Popular Fish Market
- Learn about Portuguese cork at the fashionable boutique C.S. Cork
- Sausage tastings at the famed Lopes Sausage
- End up at Casa d’Paco and enjoy a wide variety of creative, delicious tapas at this uber-hip favorite.
(Ironbound Tour starts at Newark Penn Station)
*Note: locations subject to change
Your knowledgeable guides are Newark residents and founders of the 5+ year old tour company, Have You Met Newark. They will provide history within the current urban context along our exciting tour routes. Confirmation email with meeting instructions, phone numbers, and more details about the day will be
sent after registration.
Call 646-856-9076646-856-9076 with any questions